Cloves are the dried buds of the Eugenia Caryophyllata tree that belongs to the Myrtaceae family. This tree is commonly found in Indonesia and is known for its aroma and sweet taste. They are rich in nutrients and fibers, which is basically the reason most people like to use them in food, partly because they have the ability to help people with health conditions, particularly digestive and respiratory. Cloves have been traditionally used for their medicinal properties and have been found to have potential Benefits of cloves to a woman’s fertility.
When it comes to the benefits of cloves to a woman’s fertility, there is no specific data that would suggest its impact on fertility. That being said, it has been used for remedies for a long time for reproductive health. This can help reduce inflammation, prevent infections, help with blood circulation, regulate the menstruation cycle, and treat symptoms of PMS. So, if you are looking for some ways to improve reproductive health, do consider some of these advantages.
Table of Contents
- 7 Potential Benefits of Cloves to a Woman’s Fertility In 2023
- 1. Eases Menstruation Cycle
- 2. Treat PMS
- 3. Improves the Circulation of Blood
- 4. Promotes Weight Loss
- 5. Reduction of Inflammation
- 6. Improves Ovulation – Clove Benefits For Women’s Fertility
- 7. Helps Build Immunity
- How to Make Clove Water For Fertility: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Basic Clove Water Health Recipe
- Clove Water to Treat Infections
- Side Effects of Cloves
- Final Thoughts On Benefits Of Cloves To A Woman’s Fertility
- Related Posts:
7 Potential Benefits of Cloves to a Woman’s Fertility In 2023
Some natural remedies on cloves are worth noting when it comes to making your reproductive health better and preventing infections for the most part. In the longer run, this may help you with fertility. Make sure to look into these benefits and check whether these work for your body. So, dive right in for more.
1. Eases Menstruation Cycle
Irregular menstruation is another common reason for hormonal imbalance and conditions like PMS and PCOS that can impact fertility. Hence, according to some studies, using clove water can improve the estrogen levels that eventually increase the progesterone in the female body. Hence, this helps regulate the monthly cycle and increase the chances of fertility. The essential oils can also ease menstrual pain and cramps.
According to traditional medicine, hijama can help regulate the menstrual cycle by improving blood flow to the reproductive organs, which can promote hormonal balance and improve the timing and duration of the menstrual cycle. It is also believed to help reduce inflammation in the reproductive organs, which can alleviate menstrual pain and discomfort.
2. Treat PMS
Some people also like to use clove water to ease PMS symptoms. There is a popular opinion that drinking this water from time to time can help you with mood swings, fatigue, anxiety, pain, and stress for the most part. Also, the fact that it improves menstruation health makes it great for hormonal imbalance. Hence, this also increases the chances of fertility in women.
3. Improves the Circulation of Blood
Although there is no scientific data suggesting that using clove can help you with the blood flow within the human body, it has used in ancient recipes. It was known in the past that the eugenol present in the dried clove has the potential to thin the stomach lining and widen the blood veins, so more blood can pass through them, improving blood circulation.
Clove is also a known fact that better blood circulation can increase reproductive health, and eventually fertilization in the female body. It further has antioxidant properties that improve the oxygen and helps you let the blood flow to the uterus. However, for this, you will have to take a clove for a long time, which is not usually advised. Here, it is important to talk to a healthcare provider before you make this decision. Purple tea has found to have a positive impact on blood circulation due to its high levels of antioxidants and anthocyanins.
4. Promotes Weight Loss
Weight is yet another thing that can be a hurdle in female fertility. This is because it has influenced primarily by inflammation in the reproductive tract and conditions like PMS. Here, losing even 10 pounds can help you in increasing your metabolic rate and improve the chances of fertilization.
Drinking clove water can certainly result in losing weight enormously, this is all thanks to the anti-lipid, anti-cholesteric properties of this dried flower. A small tip here would be to pair this with cumin seeds or cinnamon, as it can speed up the process. However, don’t overdo it, as it can be bad for your stomach lining if taken frequently.
5. Reduction of Inflammation
It is a known fact that cloves have anti-inflammatory properties, largely because they have a eugenol compound. This compound has incredible anti-oxidant properties that neutralize the radicals in the female blood and improve the hormonal balance in the reproductive organs. Given that the reproductive tract inflammations can eventually impact fertilization in women, drinking clove water might help you relieve this.
6. Improves Ovulation – Clove Benefits For Women’s Fertility
Ovulation is by far the most important stage of fertilization. Hence, irregular cycles of ovulation can result in hormonal imbalance and instability. This can also increase oxidative stress in the female body. Here, most women use clove water to boost the process. This is partly because it has eugenol compounds that not only improve the blood flow in the reproductive organs but also ease stress symptoms. However, it has not recommended to use clove water on a daily basis.
7. Helps Build Immunity
Although there is no scientific study that suggests that cloves have a direct impact on improving immunity, it does have some antibacterial properties. This helps treat reproductive infections, particularly Staphylococcus Aureus which has a negative impact on the fertility status of women. Similarly, the fact that its antioxidant properties increase blood flow and prevent stress. Hence, it wouldn’t be wrong to say that it indirectly helps females to build immunity to fight any reproductive tract infections ideally.
Clove has numerous benefits for immunity. Here are five key advantages
- Strong Antioxidants: Clove has packed with antioxidants that help strengthen the immune system by combating harmful free radicals and reducing oxidative stress.
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties: The compounds found in clove, like eugenol, possess anti-inflammatory properties, which support a healthy immune response.
- Fighting Pathogens: Clove exhibits antibacterial and antiviral effects, assisting in the fight against pathogens and infections, thus bolstering the immune system.
- Immune-Stimulating Effects: Clove stimulates the production of white blood cells, enhancing the immune system’s ability to defend against foreign invaders.
- Respiratory Health Promotion: Clove acts as an expectorant, soothing respiratory issues, relieving coughs, and supporting overall respiratory health, thereby contributing to a robust immune system.
How to Make Clove Water For Fertility: A Step-by-Step Guide
Making clove water is quite simple and doesn’t require any work. However, the recipe depends on the purpose. For instance, if you are someone who wants to treat infection, the recipe would be a bit different than for those who want a basic healthy clove water. Here is how you can make one for yourself.
Basic Clove Water Health Recipe
- First of all, if you want to store it for a long time, take at least three to four cloves and put them in the grinder.
- Once they have turned into a powder, get yourself two cups of water. Boil this powder in this water for around fifteen to twenty minutes.
- After this, stop the stove and strain this water in another container. Use a clean cloth to filter out the powder that remains in the water. Your clove water is all ready to consumed.
- Note; If you have the time, I would advise you to soak the cloves for at least 24 hours in some water. This will help them consume moisture from surfaces and increase their effectiveness.
Clove Water to Treat Infections
- To make clove water to treat infection, you first need to treat the cloves, so that they are able to absorb as much water as possible beforehand. For this, sock five to eight cloves in a large water bottle for three days. This will make the color of the water brown.
- Use this water to take baths for at least three days regularly. This will help you in feeling fresh and prevent infections from growing further.
- You can use both of these recipes to get the best results.
- Overall, you can store clove water in the refrigerator for a week easily.
Side Effects of Cloves
The good thing about using cloves as a herbal remedy is that there are no side effects to them. However, it is pretty understandable that drinking clove water in excess is bad, as it can impact the digestive system and its working. So, always take it in moderation. I would not advise you to drink this four days in a row.
Some known Side Effects of Cloves are
- Allergic Reactions
- Gastrointestinal Distress
- Blood Thinning
- Oral Sensitivity
Finally, I hope now you know why cloves have been so popular since ancient times, among females in treating reproductive infections.
Final Thoughts On Benefits Of Cloves To A Woman’s Fertility
In conclusion, it can be a little tricky to answer whether clove recipes can help you with fertility specifically because each ingredient can have different effects on everyone. However, it does have some truth to it, given that it improves blood circulation, helps treat hormonal imbalance, and reduces inflammation. All this can eventually provide you with better reproductive health in female bodies.
So, just give this a read and decide for yourself, whether you want to give it a try or not.
Can I drink clove water every day?
Although clove water has numerous benefits, it is absolutely important to be in moderation. Using it excessively can increase blood clotting and eventually leave damage and infections in the digestive tract. If you have advised by someone to consume clove water on a regular basis, always take precautions and get a second opinion from a healthcare provider.
How to make clove water for fertility?
Well, you cannot make a recipe that can directly help you with fertility. However, making clove water to help with blood circulation, ease the menstruation cycle, and reduce inflammation is no big deal. For this, take three to four cloves and soak them in water for 24 hours. After this, grind them and boil this powder in two cups of water. After fifteen minutes, use a cloth filter and strain this water into a bottle. Consume this daily for at least three days to check whether it is working for you.
Can cloves really improve the chances of fertilization?
Well, although there is little scientific data to support this claim, it has used as a remedy from ancient times. This is because this dried flower bug has a number of compounds with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties.
How many cloves can you consume in a single day?
Ideally, it has advised to only take one teaspoon to ⅛ teaspoon of clove powder per day. Also, if you are drinking clove water, don’t take it regularly, as it can burn the liver and increase blood clotting if taken frequently.
It is equally important to note that clove can be sensitive to the digestive and reproductive systems of some people, specifically those prone to stomach-related conditions.
- Benefits Of Cloves To A Woman’s Fertility (2023) – Immunity & Eases Menstruation - November 5, 2023
- Benefits Of Spring Water (2023) – Oxygenation To Natural Minerals Benefits - November 5, 2023
- Benefits Of Eye Massager (2023) – Techniques for Stress Relief - October 28, 2023