Snacking on oatmeal is great but have you ever considered including it in your daily skincare routine? You may have heard quite a lot of people gushing about the Benefits of Oatmeal Soap for your skin but I bet you never took them literally. And that is where you are completely mistaken. I can not even begin to tell you how vastly beneficial oatmeal is for your skin. It cures almost all different kinds of skin problems including acne, cysts, and so on. If you are really into using oatmeal, I would recommend you to begin with an oatmeal soap because quite frankly they are the best.
But the question is what are the benefits of oatmeal soap and why should you even bother to spend your hard-earned money on buying it? You are right to ask all such questions, it is about your skin after all. You should be very cautious about whatever you put on that beautiful face of yours because here’s a secret, you are going to wear your skin every day for the rest of your life. So, why not take care of it, right? But don’t worry because after reading through this article you will have all your doubts cleared away and you will be convinced to add oatmeal soap to your daily skin care regimen.
Table of Contents
- Benefits of Oatmeal Soap In 2023
- 1. Natural Exfoliant
- 2. Moisturizes Your Skin – Benefits Of Oatmeal Soap On Face
- 3. Soothes Skin Irritation And Allergies
- 4. Controls Sebum Production
- 5. Helps Control Acne
- 6. Helps With Body Odour
- 7. Keeps Your Skin Moist And Supple
- 8. Shrinks The Pores
- 9. Excellent Antioxidant
- 10. Normalizes pH
- Benefits Of Oatmeal Soap On Skin
- Benefits Of Honey Oatmeal Soap
- Benefits Of Colloidal Oatmeal In Soap
- How to Make Oatmeal Soap at Home
- Final Thoughts
- Frequently Asked Questions | Benefits of Oatmeal Soap
- Related Posts:
Benefits of Oatmeal Soap In 2023
1. Natural Exfoliant
Oatmeal is a natural exfoliant that effectively and immediately removes all kinds of dirt and gunk from your pores leaving behind smoother and fresher-looking skin. It is mild enough to be used every day without causing side effects such as redness and irritation. It has a soothing effect on rough skin.
2. Moisturizes Your Skin – Benefits Of Oatmeal Soap On Face
You may think that since it has exfoliating properties, the oatmeal soap will make your skin dry but the truth is far from that. This soap will not only rid your skin of all the dirt but also deeply moisture and soothe your pores. This is also the reason why your skin does not get any itchy feeling after the exfoliation.
3. Soothes Skin Irritation And Allergies
Apart from the fact that oatmeal soap does not cause any soreness or irritation, it also soothes already irritated skin. The gentle exfoliation rubs off any germs and the natural moisturizer acts as a balm on agitated skin. However, it is not a substitute for other medication you may be taking for any particular skin disease.
4. Controls Sebum Production
Your skin pores produce excess sebum when your skin is dehydrated. However, if you apply natural moisturizers to your skin, it will stop sebum production. This way, there are fewer chances of your pores opening up and filling with pollutants.
5. Helps Control Acne
The fact that the oatmeal soap cleanses your pores, and soothes and moisturizes them is enough evidence that this particular beauty product will help you fight acne naturally. We have all heard horror stories of people getting severe acne due to chemical reactions from non-natural products, right? So, why not stick to natural ingredients?
6. Helps With Body Odour
Do you know what causes body odor? It happens due to dirt and sebum accumulation within the pores that result in the blockage of follicles. Soon your healthy cells start to die within, causing excessive sweating and body odor. This oatmeal soap will help keep your pores all nice and cleaned up.
7. Keeps Your Skin Moist And Supple
The natural oils present in the oatmeal make a sheath on your skin covering it up like a warm blanket. It not only hydrates your skin but also prevents water loss through pores. As a result, your skin remains moist and supple to the touch for hours after the first use.
8. Shrinks The Pores
Have you ever thought about why your pores increase in size over time? It happens when you don’t exfoliate your skin and dirt and pollutants keep entering your pores and stretching them. Over time, your skin pores start to lose their elasticity. However, the oatmeal grains in this soap will cleanse your pores and help return their elasticity over time.
9. Excellent Antioxidant
Oatmeal soap will also help you fight any signs of aging that might be showing up on your skin. The natural oatmeal grains fight against free radicals that prematurely age your skin, thus getting rid of fine lines and wrinkles. It will also help tighten up sagging skin.
10. Normalizes pH
The skin pH balance is one of my favorite benefits of using a bar of oatmeal soap. I often get dry itchy skin, especially during winter. But oatmeal soap helps normalize my natural skin pH level making my skin feel relaxed and comfortable instantly and for a long time.
Additionally, the soap-making process itself can affect the soap’s pH level. During the process, sodium hydroxide (lye) is combined with oils or fats to create soap. Once the saponification process is complete, the soap’s pH level will be alkaline. To reduce the pH level, oatmeal soap manufacturers may add citric acid or other acids to balance the pH level.
In summary, oatmeal soap can maintain its pH balance by using ingredients that are similar to the skin’s pH, and by adjusting the pH level during the soap-making process if necessary.
Benefits Of Oatmeal Soap On Skin
Oatmeal soap has several benefits for the skin due to its natural and nourishing properties. Here are three benefits of oatmeal soap on the skin:
- Soothes and hydrates dry skin: Oatmeal soap can help to soothe and hydrate dry skin due to its high protein and lipid content.
- Exfoliates gently: Oatmeal soap has gentle exfoliating properties that can help to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores.
- Reduces inflammation and irritation: Oatmeal soap contains anti-inflammatory compounds that can help reduce inflammation and skin irritation. It can be especially beneficial for people with sensitive or acne-prone skin.
Benefits Of Honey Oatmeal Soap
5 amazing Benefits Of Honey Oatmeal Soap are
- Moisturizes the skin: Honey oatmeal soap is known for its moisturizing properties.
- Soothes sensitive skin: Oatmeal has soothing properties that can help calm and relieve irritation in sensitive or inflamed skin.
- Exfoliates gently: Oatmeal is a natural exfoliant that can gently remove dead skin cells, revealing a smoother and brighter complexion.
- Helps with acne and blemishes: Honey has antibacterial properties that can help combat acne-causing bacteria on the skin.
- Natural and gentle: Honey oatmeal soap is typically made with natural ingredients and does not contain harsh chemicals or artificial additives.benefits of colloidal oatmeal in soap
Benefits Of Colloidal Oatmeal In Soap
Colloidal oatmeal is a special ingredient in soap that brings many benefits to your skin. It’s very gentle and soothing, which is excellent for people with sensitive or irritated skin. Using oatmeal soap creates a protective layer on your skin, keeping it moisturized and helping with dryness.
Besides that, colloidal oatmeal can reduce redness and itching caused by skin problems like eczema or rashes. It’s also full of antioxidants that protect your skin from damage caused by the environment, keeping it looking healthy and beautiful.
So, using soap with colloidal oatmeal is an excellent way to keep your skin smooth, nourished, and happy. It’s a natural and effective choice for taking care of your skin.
How to Make Oatmeal Soap at Home
Here’s a super easy recipe for you:
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 1 glycerin soap base (you can find this at craft stores)
- 10-15 drops of your favorite essential oil (like lavender or tea tree)
- Soap molds
- Begin by grating or chopping the glycerin soap base into small bits to help it melt smoothly.
- Pop the soap base in a microwave-safe bowl and heat it in 30-second bursts until it’s completely melted. You can also use a double boiler on the stovetop if you prefer.
- While the soap is melting, give your oatmeal a whirl in the blender or food processor to turn it into a fine powder.
- Once the soap is all liquid and gooey, mix in the ground oatmeal and your chosen essential oil. Give it a good stir so everything’s nicely combined.
- Pour this lovely mixture into your soap molds. You can choose any shape and size that tickles your fancy.
- Now, be patient as you let your soap cool and harden. It usually takes a few hours, but it’s worth the wait.
- When your soap is all set and firm, gently pop it out of the molds.
And there you have it – your very own oatmeal soap ready to pamper your skin. Oatmeal is fantastic for exfoliating and soothing, making this soap a treat for your skin. Enjoy your homemade creation! 🛁
I hope you are convinced that oatmeal soap is the single most potent skincare item that will go a long way in helping you pamper your skin. It helps nourish your skin with all the natural ingredients and oils necessary for your skin health. Having so many pros and not a single con to a particular beauty product should be speaking volumes to you by now!
Frequently Asked Questions | Benefits of Oatmeal Soap
Should I add oatmeal soap to my daily skincare routine?
Of course, you must add oatmeal soap to your daily skin care regimen because otherwise, you will be missing out on some serious skin pampering. It has all the qualities that make a beauty product worth using. It helps neutralize your skin pH, locks in moisture, keeps your skin supple, helps treat acne, shrinks open pores, exfoliates dead skin cells, deeply moisturizes your skin, and helps fight against signs of premature aging.
- Benefits of Aloe Vera Soap (2023) – Glowing & Soothing Skin Secrets - October 28, 2023
- Benefits Of Braces (2023) – Perfect Smile, Gum Health & Digestion - October 28, 2023
- Benefits of Donkey Milk Soap (2023) – Wonders of Donkey Milk Soap - October 22, 2023