Braces Vs. Invisalign? What are the benefits of Invisalign over braces? It is the question everyone is asking around. For someone who has a choice of wearing one of these, it can be a bit mind-boggling. Although you might’ve heard from a friend favoring one because they have good experience with them, in reality, it all comes down to what your condition requires.
Table of Contents
- Benefits of Invisalign: Treatment Benefits
- What is Invisalign – Benefits Of Invisalign Treatment
- What Issues Can Invisalign Solve – Benefits Of Invisalign vs Braces
- Saves A lot of Your Time
- They Have Non-Invasive Scanning
- You Can’t See Them – Benefits Of Invisalign For Adults
- Everything is in Your Control
- The Effectiveness is Unrivaled
- You Don’t Have to Worry about Future Gum Issues
- It Corrects Bite Issues
- These are Removable Whenever You Want
- The Maintenance Doesn’t Demand Work
- Benefits Of Invisalign Over Braces
- Benefits Of Invisalign Chewies
- Invisalign Benefits and Disadvantages
- Bottom Line: Are Invisalign Aligners Worth It?
- Frequently Asked Questions About Benefits of Invisalign
- Related Posts:
Benefits of Invisalign: Treatment Benefits
I have been in this place for the longest time. However, research has helped me in answering all the questions. Because I had basic alignment issues and have always been conscious of my smile, Invisalign has helped me remarkably well. To tell you all about Invisalign, I am here with this detailed guide on the benefits of Invisalign. So, don’t waste more time, and let’s get in.
What is Invisalign – Benefits Of Invisalign Treatment
Although many people confuse clear braces with Invisalign, the term is originally for the brand that makes these aligners. Typically, these aligners have a thin wire and clear aligners that are made up of Thermoplastic. These are used for orthodontic treatment that uses SmartTrack construction methods.
Why most people prefer this because it is less painful and stressful for them. The entire process includes the dentist using 3D technology to design a structure of your teeth and jaw that is specific to his patient. The sole purpose of this step is to keep the teeth in a properly aligned structure.
Once this is done, they will set up some customized sessions to put these aligners on. This doesn’t require an extensive series of bookings, rather is done in one or two takes. After you are done putting them on, they will put pressure on the teeth, so that they shift from the random position to the right place.
Maintaining them also is no issue, as all you need to do is clean them and check with your dentist. When I had these, going once among six weeks was the routine, which is more than enough. All in all, the users are only required to have them around for only 20 hours a day.
What Issues Can Invisalign Solve – Benefits Of Invisalign vs Braces
All being said, they are used for a number of purposes by people who are having dental issues. This includes everything from getting the spaces between teeth correct or dealing with overbites. The most common Invisalign benefits or why people are using them include;
- Open bite issues
- The jaw alignment (underbite and crossbite)
- Correcting the space between teeth
- When the teeth are extremely crowded
- Because They are Painless and Comfortable
The first thing I would say makes this better than traditional braces is that they are comfortable to use. This is because you don’t have to deal with hard wires and bulky aligners. They are a lot gentler and make sure the teeth are not stressed in any way. Cleaning the teeth with these brackets has been really easy.
Saves A lot of Your Time
One thing I absolutely love about these as compared to braces is that the users are not required to take out time, especially from their hectic routine. Hence, the frequent trips to the orthodontist are over. All you are required to do is go one time in six weeks to check whether they are intact. The installation also doesn’t take as much time as is the case with braces.
They Have Non-Invasive Scanning
If you have had regular braces before, you would know the pain and extensive procedure that comes with it. From x-rays to scanning and other picture-taking methods, it can be too much for the person who is getting it done for the first time. Not to mention, the cheek soreness that comes with metal brackets.
So, the easiest alternative is to go for these aligners. You don’t have to book extensive appointments with your dentist just get the right structure. Rather, they use 3D scanning that allows machines to find the best match of aligners for you. Hence, with them, you don’t have to go through the pain.
You Can’t See Them – Benefits Of Invisalign For Adults
A great benefit of Invisalign for adults is that they are invisible. All the aligners used in the series are clear, so you don’t have to worry about them making your appearance bad. Hence, whenever you smile the next time with Invisalign on, other people won’t be seeing the wires and brackets anymore.
Everything is in Your Control
Braces can be a lot to deal with. Why I really like using Invisalign instead, is because they have smooth edges. So, as a user, you have better control over the movement of the teeth. This helps you in straightening the line and monitoring the horizontal and vertical shifts alike. Likewise, the process is quite fast and protects the teeth.
The Effectiveness is Unrivaled
When we compare Invisalign to braces, the quality is absolutely top-notch. The majority of these are made up of SmartTrack materials that are better than traditional plastic. This keeps a track of your teeth’ movement, which is great for patients who don’t have straight teeth or are suffering from dental health.
You Don’t Have to Worry about Future Gum Issues
The fact of the matter is that there are no threats of future gum issues. This is because they straighten your teeth. Hence, with a proper lining, there are minimal chances of any potential gum disease. Likewise, as there is no spacing between teeth and gums, the barrier is quite strong for any germs to get to the gums.
It Corrects Bite Issues
Are you someone who has had a problem with overjet or underbites? For those who don’t know, it is when the upper teeth line is not aligned with those at the bottom and vice versa respectively. The good news is that using these aligners can cure this in no time. This is because they correct the movement of the jaw and joints, providing users with the correct bit size.
These are Removable Whenever You Want
Speaking of convenience, we cannot forget the fact that they are removable. As a person who has used traditional braces all the time, transferring to Invisalign was great. This is because they have a straight tray that can be detached from the aligners without professional help. Eating without these aligners has been the best part.
The Maintenance Doesn’t Demand Work
I was someone who has been hesitant to use Invisalign, primarily because I heard they are difficult to take care of. But after using them, I can safely say you hardly need to do anything. All I did to keep them fresh was to use a toothbrush and dip it into the water and scrub it for at most a minute and that’s it. All in all, I would say do this after every other day.
Benefits Of Invisalign Over Braces
Five benefits of Invisalign over traditional braces are
- Appearance: Invisalign uses clear, virtually invisible plastic aligners, making them a great option for those who want to straighten their teeth without the noticeable appearance of traditional metal braces.
- Comfort: Invisalign aligners are made from smooth, flexible plastic that fits snugly over your teeth. They are more comfortable to wear than braces.
- Convenience: Invisalign aligners are removable, so you can take them out when eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing your teeth.
- Shorter treatment time: Invisalign treatment typically takes less time than traditional braces.
- Predictable results: Invisalign uses advanced computer technology to create a 3D image of your teeth, allowing your dentist to customize your treatment plan and predict the outcome.
Benefits Of Invisalign Chewies
Invisalign chewies are small cylindrical cushions made of a soft material that is used in conjunction with Invisalign aligners. Here are three benefits of using Invisalign chewies:
- Enhances aligner fit: Invisalign chewies help to seat the aligners firmly against your teeth, which can enhance the fit and effectiveness of the aligners.
- Reduces discomfort: Invisalign chewies can also help to reduce discomfort associated with wearing the aligners. By biting down on the chewies, you can help to distribute the pressure of the aligners more evenly across your teeth and gums, which can reduce soreness and discomfort.
- Improves aligner tracking: When you wear Invisalign aligners, it’s important that they stay in the correct position to ensure proper tooth movement. Invisalign chewies can help to improve aligner tracking by applying pressure to the aligners, which can help to guide them into the correct position and keep them there. This can lead to better and more consistent results.
Invisalign Benefits and Disadvantages
Bottom Line: Are Invisalign Aligners Worth It?
You must be wondering whether Invisalign clear braces are a perfect match for you or not. The answer isn’t so simple and needs some facts and ground information for you to choose one. For instance, it is not recommended for teens or kids who are struggling with severe dental conditions. That being said, it also depends on your dental health and jaw alignment.
In this guide, I have tried to cover all about these clear braces and what conditions they suit well. So, make sure to follow these benefits and make an informed decision.
Frequently Asked Questions About Benefits of Invisalign
What are the benefits of clear braces for adults?
The most apparent reason why people prefer clear braces is that they are invisible. So, if you don’t have a severe dental condition and feel conscious of smiling, these are best for you. Likewise, they are less painful than traditional braces. You also don’t have to put in extra work to maintain them.
What are the advantages of Invisalign?
There are numerous advantages of Invisalign clear braces over traditional braces. The thing that makes them better is their less harsh and painful application process. They feel quite comfortable and convenient for people. That being said, they only work for those who have basic alignment, space, and biting issues.
Is Invisalign better than braces?
Many wonder whether braces are better than Invisalign aligners. Well, it all comes down to the dental condition. Clear aligners work best for people who only have some irregular jaw structure or improper alignment of teeth. In contrast, braces are for severe conditions, primarily among teens and kids.
How long does an Invisalign last?
On average, most orthodontists recommend using Invisalign braces for between a half and a full year. With that said, it’s not always one size fits all, as you cannot always predict the needs of each patient. Hence, it all comes down to your individual jaw structure and alignment issues to determine how much time is needed for the treatment.
- Benefits of Aloe Vera Soap (2023) – Glowing & Soothing Skin Secrets - October 28, 2023
- Benefits Of Braces (2023) – Perfect Smile, Gum Health & Digestion - October 28, 2023
- Benefits of Donkey Milk Soap (2023) – Wonders of Donkey Milk Soap - October 22, 2023